Greetings to you all from Team Whenua.  On behalf of the Whenua teachers I would like to extend a warmest and sincerest thank you to everyone who took part in the speeches this morning.  What confident speakers we have indeed especially from our little ones.  We were all extremely proud of their achievement this morning.  To the students who missed out on a placing you were AWESOME 8-).  YOU DID US PROUD!   To the students who received a placing in the speeches this morning CONGRATULATIONS and WELL DONE!  Photos will be up soon. A huge THANK YOU to our parents who came today to support our speeches.  Thank you for taking the time out from your busy day to attend the speeches this morning.   Thank you so much.  Lastly, thank you to our beautiful judges Mrs Sathu and Mrs Lovatt – you did extremely well and we know it was not an easy task.  Thank you so much.

Here are the final results of how the students were placed.

Year O – (New Entrant)

1st – ‘Otutoa Latu Room 6b – Myself

2nd – Cathrine Gounder Room 2 – My Family

3rd – Alania Tatafu Room 2 – My Family

All 5 years old and they did extremely well.

Year 1 – 1st – Matilda Lako Room 3 – Netball

2nd – Gabriel Fifita Room 5 – Meaning of the NZ Flag

3rd – ‘Okusi Katoa Room 6b – Myself

Year 2 – 1st Branton Mahe Room 18 – A True Friend

2nd – Atonio Hiko Room 9 – Food for Energy

3rd – Tatyanah Okotai Room 4 – Chef

Well done to you all in gaining 1st, 2nd and 3rd placings.  Keep up the awesome work.  Watch out for these students in the coming years.  You really set the bar high today and we are all so proud of you.

Diana Tuaopepe